Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Porch Swing

My thoughts are uneasy and I feel restless.
I grab my pillow and head to the porch swing out front.

I'm surrounded by the dark silhouettes of trees,
The city lights throughout the valley can be seen in the distance.
Lightning strikes over the towering mountains illuminating the night sky,
The summer breeze is cool and the scent of rain can be smelt in the air.
The sweet sound of music quietly plays in my ears,
To me it is not so quiet however.
The lyrics stir up thoughts and memories,
Most of which are comforting and good.
The mosquito bites up and down my legs cannot tempt me to retire inside,
The simplistic beauty I find in everything surrounding me at that moment will not allow it.

It is here that I am in control;
It is here that I am at peace;
It is here that I feel at home.

No comments: