Friday, October 14, 2011

More NES Retro Cartoon Goodness















Introducing The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! Despite having aired only one season, the show produced an uncanny 65 episodes in just 3 months. So why was the plug pulled early on this cartoon? I have a couple of theories. Please don't get me wrong though, I loved watching the show growing up, I just feel some things I could have done without.

Theory One:
The end credits. It was bad enough as kids that we had to endure a real life adaption of Mario and Luigi before and after each cartoon, but to give the music to the original Level 1-1 lyrics as the real life Mario pranced around...? The worst part apart about it is that I can't play the first Mario now without singing the stupid song.



Theory Two:
"Wellllllll excuse me Princess!" Every Friday the show would mix things up a bit and show a Zelda cartoon instead of Mario. This wouldn't have been such a problem if not for the infamous quote. Can you guess what it is? Used in the opening credits as well as at least 2 more times per episode, you could bank on hearing it at least once every 5 minutes. This video should give you a better perspective.

No comments: