Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Not All News is Bad News

I'm not one to read the news because I find it depressing, but when someone showed me this article I felt I should share it. It almost sounds like something I would do.

"VALLEJO, Calif. – A California man became stuck in a baby swing for about nine hours after a wager went horribly wrong, police said.

After making a $100 bet with friends, the 21 year old lubricated himself with laundry detergent and squeezed into the swing, the Times-Herald reported.

But the man became stuck, and his friends decided to leave him swinging in Blue Rock Springs Park overnight.

He was discovered when a groundskeeper heard screaming around 6:00 a.m. local time Saturday.

Firefighters freed the man by cutting the swing's chains. He was taken to a local hospital, where the baby seat was removed with a cast cutter.

The man sustained non-life-threatening injuries."

3 comments:

Sara Kay* said...

Bahahaha this made me chuckle. It does sound like an adventure you would stumble into. But definitely one you could get back out of, I don't think you could get stuck in a swing if you tried.

Matt Chadwick said...

Hahaha! I suppose I could get stuck if I maybe squeezed both my legs into one of the holes for the legs. Have you ever thought about that?

blackstarmonkey said...

it sad when you think of how serious 'non-life threatening injuries' can actually be. i think you can live through quite a lot. i hope he got his 100 dollars.