Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Return of Hi-C Ecto Cooler




Yes, this was a real drink once upon a time. And no, it isn't available in your local market any longer. So you can imagine my excitement when I stumbled across the recipe on Nerdist (courtesy of the Chicago Ghostbuster Division). I've yet to test it out, but here is the recipe for you anyway (makes approximately 1 gallon):

3/4 cup orange juice (no pulp)
3/4 cup tangerine juice
1 packet orange Flavor-Aid
1 packet tangerine Flavor-Aid
1 spoonful Country Time powdered lemonade mix
1 3/4 cup sugar
Stir and add water
Add green (8-10 drops) and blue (4-5 drops) food coloring

And voilĂ ! Now I've just got to scrounge up some change to buy the ingredients, so if you beat me to the punch (pun intended?), be sure to let me know how it tastes. Because the last time I had this stuff I was in a car seat headed for the zoo.

1 comment:

Nic Preece said...

That sounds disgusting and amazing all in the same breath. We should make it this weekend and check out some scary movies we haven't seen...